Learn how to work with us and solve problems.
How to work with us
- Make a new extension or improve a published extension.
- Imagine what the user wants to do and what would make life easier.
- Aim for the smallest possible solution, first make it work then make it better.
- Ask yourself, do I need this, do I want this, can I make this better?
How to ask a question
- Start a new discussion for each question.
- Write the question in the title, it's the first thing everyone will see.
- Describe in detail what you want to do and which problems you have.
- Select an answer, when your question has been answered.
How to report a bug
- Start a new discussion for each bug.
- Explain how to reproduce the bug, check if it happens every time.
- Add many details, especially the log file
- Select an answer, when the bug has been fixed.
How to share your experiences
Work with us, ask questions, report bugs and share your experiences. We are interested in what you want to do and which problems you have. The more we know the better we can help. Our community is a place to help each other. Where you can ask and answer questions. Most answers are provided by members, just like you. Don't force anything. Focus on the people who show interest and want to work with you. You can find us on Discord, GitHub or contact a human.
Asking a question:
How do I change the language of my website? Hello, during installation I selected the wrong language. Now I want to change the language of my website to english. When I change the settings it doesn't work. I checked that the english extension is installed. Here are my settings in file `system/extensions/yellow-system.ini`: Sitename: Datenstrom Yellow Author: Datenstrom Email: webmaster Language: english Layout: default Theme: stockholm Thanks for your help.
Reporting a bug:
Call to undefined function detectTimezone() Hello, I get the error message: Call to undefined function detectTimezone() in /var/www/website/system/extensions/fika.php. You can reproduce the bug in a new installation, select small website, install the fika extension. Here's my log file `system/extensions/yellow-website.log`: 2020-10-28 14:13:07 info Install Datenstrom Yellow 0.8.17, PHP 7.1.33, Apache 2.4.33, Mac 2020-10-28 14:13:07 info Install extension 'Core 0.8.41' 2020-10-28 14:13:07 info Install extension 'Markdown 0.8.19' 2020-10-28 14:13:07 info Install extension 'Stockholm 0.8.13' 2020-10-28 14:13:07 info Install extension 'English 0.8.27' 2020-10-28 14:13:07 info Install extension 'German 0.8.27' 2020-10-28 14:13:07 info Install extension 'Swedish 0.8.27' 2020-10-28 14:18:11 info Install extension 'Fika 0.8.15' 2020-10-28 14:18:11 error Can't parse file 'system/extensions/fika.php'! Let me know if you need more information. Thanks for investigating.
Do you have questions? Get help.